Gluten- Free Low-Calorie Protein Pumpkin Oat Pancakes
3/4 cup oat flour (take 3/4 cup oats and give them a quick whirl in a blender until it becomes a fine powder - doesn't have to be perfect!)
1 scoop of protein powder (if you don't have this, don't sweat! Just add 1/4 cup more of oat flour)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice (or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves or allspice)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp coconut oil
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1 full dropper of liquid stevia (or 1 tsp maple syrup or honey)
2 eggs (or 4 egg whites)
1 tablespoon lemon juice (weird I know but it makes buttermilk!)
- In a small bowl mix together all wet ingredients.
- In a medium bowl mix together all dry ingredients.
- Form a well or hole into your dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined, be careful not to over mix! Let the batter sit for 10 minutes (this forms the buttermilk). If you can't wait this long, omit the lemon juice and make them right away!
- Heat a cast-iron skillet to medium low heat or a griddle to 350 degrees. Spray with Pam or Coconut Oil spray.
- Once the surface of the pan is hot (a good way to test is if a drop of water sizzles), pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Let the pancake cook about 3 minutes until bubbles begin to pop.
- Now the fun part, flip pancake and cook for another minute or so, until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve pancakes and top with your favorite toppings! I topped mine with bananas, maple syrup and more cinnamon. And as always feel free to add chocolate chips...