Overnight French Toast Bake
- 8 slices of Ezekial bread (gluten-free if allergic) cut into large cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp stevia or one full dropper of liquid stevia
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. raw brown sugar
- 1 medium banana, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- Generously spray 8x11 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread the bread evenly on the bottom of the prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, almond milk, vanilla extract, salt, stevia, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Pour the mixture evenly over the eggs.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight up to 2 days.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the sliced banana evenly over the bread and sprinkle with the brown sugar and/or other toppings.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown and the center is cooked through.
- Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream, cinnamon sugar, or even a peanut butter drizzle.