Skinny Banana Oatmeal Muffins (V, GF)
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 mashed very ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar + 1 tablespoon
- A few drops of liquid stevia (if you don't have this just add a few tablespoons of brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional 2/3 cup chocolate chips :)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Ground the oats into a fine flour in a blender or food processor.
- Whisk in a medium bowl oat flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- Blend bananas, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla extract for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly pour in flour mixture with wet ingredients until just combined. (Next gently fold in chocolate chips if using.
- Pour batter in muffin tins just half way.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy with coffee or by itself and the amazing smells wafting through your house.