Peanut Butter Nutella Swirled Deep Dish Cookie Pie
Flourless, no butter, and gluten-free :)
- 1 cup peanut butter (Better'n Peanut Butter is my fav!)
- *use 2 cups if you like a super peanut buttery taste
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey, agave, or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1/4 cup Nutella (I didn't use this much because I found it too overpowering so go with your taste!)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a oven proof skillet or cast iron pan with nonstick cooking spray. If you don't have one a regular cake or brownie pan would work too!
- In a bowl fitted with an electric mixer (or a bowl, a spoon, and a really strong arm) mix peanut butter, eggs, and honey together. Then add the baking soda, vanilla, and sea salt and mix well. Fold in half of the chocolate chips and save the rest for topping!
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Scatter teaspoon dollops of Nutella on top of the batter. Using a knife, gently swirl the Nutella in circular motions, be sure not to get to crazy with the swirling cause then it won't look as pretty. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chunks on top
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges are golden. I like mine a little "half-baked" so I baked mine for a little less than 15 minutes. If you like yours a little crispier you can put it in for up to 20 minutes. They may look underdone, however, but that's fine! They'll continue to cook in the pan and you want them to be a little chewy. Place on a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle some sea salt on top if desired.
- Once cool, cut into pie triangles and top with whip cream! A la mode is also an option, chocolate ice cream being my favorite!