- 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 of a large ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon olive or coconut oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (use high quality cocoa powder for best tasting results!)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, melted in microwave for 30 secs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Place all ingredients besides the chocolate chips in a food processor or a blender. Puree until it forms a smooth batter. If the batter is too thick to process add a teaspoon or two of milk or water.
- Pour batter into prepared baking sheet. If using peanut butter dot teaspoons in batter. Using a knife, gently swirl peanut butter but be careful not to get too crazy swirling or it will look like a swirled mess. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes but be sure to check before to make sure they didn't cook faster! Toothpick in center should come out somewhat clean and center should begin to crack.
- Cool pan completely and cut into 12 squares.
- Enjoy with a big glass of milk or put in your brownie sundae :)
Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen