Roasted Squash, Pomegranate and Arugula Salad
- 1 acorn or delicata squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fine grain sea salt
- 4 heaping cups of arugula (or mixed greens)
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 3 oz feta or goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Wash and scrub the squash. Slice the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Slice squash into 1/4-1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Drizzle the squash with olive oil, salt and pepper, and mix together to coat. Bake for about 30 minutes, flipping the squash half way until it is tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the squash has had a few minutes to cool, combine the arugula, pomegranate, pepitas, crumbled cheese, and squash in a serving bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat the leaves.
- Serve right away and enjoy!