Mashed "Potatoes" (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into small same size florets
- 1 cup washed and drained cannelloni (white) beans
- 1-2 Tablespoons almond milk (or half and half for non-vegans)
- 2 tablespoons Smart Balance butter (or regular butter)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sage diced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- *If not vegan I recommend adding 2 Tablespoons goat cheese, 1 Tablespoon parmesan for a cheesier flavor but both ways are so good!!
- Place cauliflower in a pan with just enough water to cover and add 1 minced clove of garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Let cauliflower come to a boil, and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, and drain very well.
- Meanwhile place butter in a small pan on medium heat. Add sage and other minced garlic clove and cook about a minute until fragrant. Take off heat and set aside to cool.
- When cauliflower is well drained, place in a food processor or blender with the beans. Add 1 Tablespoon almond milk or half and half to puree the cauliflower if needed. You could also mash the potatoes with a fork or a masher for a courser consistency.
- Pour in butter, garlic and sage mixture and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
- If not vegan, add 2 Tablespoons goat cheese and 1 Tablespoon parmesan.