Lentil Salad with Cucumber and Olives
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 large or 2 medium cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup olives, chopped
- 3/4 cup parsley, chopped (or mint works great too)
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar (or white wine or balsamic)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine lentils, cucumbers, olives in a large bowl.
- Make the vinaigrette by whisking the mustards and vinegar together. Slowly drizzle into the olive oil until its emulsified (or combined completely and no longer separating).
- Pour vinaigrette over lentils, cucumbers and olives and mix thoroughly. Add the parsley and mix again.
- Serve immediately, or pack up for lunch!