- To reconstitute the sundried tomatoes soak them warm water while you prep the veggies.
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, onion and garlic cloves.
- Heat a large skillet or pan over medium- high heat and add the veggies.
- Saute the veggies until they have been cooked through and most of the water has cooked out.
- Pulse the cup of walnuts in the food processor until they are a course, ground meaty texture.
- Add the walnuts, salt, dried herbs and nutritional yeast to the skillet with the veggies.
- Drain the sundried tomatoes and add them to the food processor along with one can of the crushed tomatoes. Puree until smooth.
- Add the second can of crushed tomatoes along with the tomato puree to the skillet. Taste for seasoning and add the maple syrup if it tastes too acidic (but we didn't have to).
- Bring to a simmer and reduce to low, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes until warmed through and slightly reduced.
- While the sauce is simmering make your zoodles! Spiralize your zucchini and place in a large bowl. Add a dash or two of salt (this helps absorb some of the water).
- When the sauce is done take a heaping amount of zoodles and a heaping scoop of the sauce and enjoy! And don't be scared to go back for seconds (or thirds) :)