Caprese Summer Farro Salad
Adapted from Naturally Ella
- 2 cups uncooked farro
- vegetable broth (enough to cover the farro)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 large cucumber
- 3 cups sliced cherry tomatoes (I used red and yellow for added color)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella (or feta)
- 1/3 cup shredded basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse farro in a large bowl until the water is no longer murky. Pour farro and whole garlic cloves in a large pot. Pour in vegetable stock and make sure it covers the farro by a 1/4 inch.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 20-30 minutes until the vegetable stock is absorbed. If the farro is too dry, add more stock. The farro will be slightly chewy but not hard when done. Pour into a large serving bowl or platter.
- While the farro is cooking, cube the cucumber and cherry tomatoes and prepare the dressing by whisking the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, s+p, and dijon mustard together.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, basil, mozzarella, and dressing to the farro.
- Let sit and marinate for the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.