The dressing has a lot of ingredients, but don’t be intimidated. These should all be already handy in your fridge. I take everything out at once and put it on my counter so it’s ready to go. If you don’t have a few of the ingredients don’t sweat it. Make it your own! Just make sure you’ve got the basic 3 necessary elements of any dressing: acid (ACV/ lemon), salt (soy sauce / miso / sea salt), and umami (mustard and /or Nutritional yeast). I like to taste as I go to and you can add more of something based on the flavor you like.
Avocado Broccoli Slaw
- 1 bag shredded broccoli slaw (always at my TJ’s but they have it at other grocery stores too)
- 1 avocado
- ½ tablespoon whole grain mustard
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- juice of ½ a lemon
- ground pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- dash or 2 of hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon miso (optional but amazing)
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ cup water (more or less depending on consistency)
- Optional protein boosts:
- Poached egg
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- Hemp seeds/ chia seeds
- ½ cup lentils
- Scoop out yo avocado. Mash it up real nice using a fork until its smooth and creamy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the dressing. And then add the water. You want it to be in-between a thicker sauce and a vinaigrette so it can easily cover the broccoli slaw.
- Taste as you go. If it’s too salty add a little more lemon. Too acidic? Add some more Nooch or soy sauce. Play with it here. It took making the recipe like a gajillion times before I got the ratios exactly how I wanted, don’t be too hard on yourself if it isn’t perfect. Just as long as you like it enough to eat it ;)
- Top it off with your perfect protein or dive in as is.
- This serves 2 but I end up eating the whole thing because my love for veggies runs deep