Light Coconut Curry Shrimp
Adapted from: Skinnytaste
1 tsp oil
4 scallions chopped, white and green parts separated
1 Tbsp Red Thai Curry Paste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined (I used frozen shrimp and works great! Be sure to defrost before cooking)
6 oz light coconut milk (can be found at Trader Joe's)
2 tsp fish sauce (sounds gross but its used in traditional Thai cooking and is necessary for the flavor of this dish. Do not omit!)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
salt to taste
- Gather all ingredients and have them ready to go.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil on medium high. Add scallion whites and red curry paste and saute for one minute.
- Add shrimp and garlic and season with salt to taste. Cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Add your super healthy coconut milk, and fish sauce and mix well.
- Simmer about 2-3 minutes until shrimp is cooked through. **Watch out here, now is not the time to check your email, shrimp cook fast! If overcooked, they taste rubbery and almost inedible!
- Remove from heat and mix in scallion greens and cilantro.
- Serve over brown rice and enjoy with family, friends, or a hot date!