Avocado Kale Pesto Zucchini Ribbons and Parpadelle Pasta
Recipe adapted from Rawmazing.com
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 bag of egg parpadelle pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast if vegan/raw)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 small bunch kale, torn into pieces and de-stemmed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to instructions on package.
- Peel zucchini lengthwise using a peeler. It takes a few tries to get the hang of it, but once you do, its easy! Set in a colander to strain the extra liquid.
- Run food processor and add garlic cloves one by one.
- Add avocado, parmesan or nutritional yeast, olive oil, pine nuts, and lemon juice. Pulse until blended.
- Add kale and pulse until well chopped and incorporated.
- Drain pasta and combine zucchini noodles, pasta, and pesto sauce until completely covered in the pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with tomatoes and serve!
- Or, check out the pic below and add shrimp!