½ cup almond milk
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 small sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
½ tablespoon chopped fresh sage
2 green onions white and green parts thinly sliced
2 cups baby spinach
1/3 cup herbed fresh goat cheese
chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
Hot sauce (optional)
1. Arrange a rack in the upper third of your oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together until they are well blended. Add the milk, a pinch of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Whisk lightly and set aside.
3. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into ¼ inch cubes. Warm the oil in a 10 or 12 inch sauté pan over medium heat. Add the potatoes and toss them to coat.
4. Sprinkle the cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, thyme, and sage and stir again.
5. Cook the sweet potatoes, tossing occasionally until they are cooked through and are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the green onions on top of the potatoes, and then add the spinach.
7. Let the spinach wilt about 1 minute and then turn the heat down to low.
8. Give the eggs one last whisk and pour over the spinach and potatoes.
9. Break up the cheese with your fingers and distribute it over the top.
10. Put the pan in the oven and bake until you can shake the pan and see that the middle is just barely set about 10 minutes. *You can also slowly cook it on the stove and finish it off in the oven for 2 minutes.
11. Careful! The handle will be very hot!
12. Put the frittata aside a couple minutes before slicing it.
13. Garnish with cilantro and sprinkle with pepper.
14. Serve with hot sauce on the side if you want to spice it up!