*Bold statement, I know, but don't question it until you've gone...then get back to me.
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Black Bean Tacos
- 12 oz raw skinless chicken or 4 chicken breasts
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz can tomatoes with green chiles (I used Trader Joe's!)
- 1 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 medium scallion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional for all you cilantro haters out there!)
- Sliced green cabbage mixed with 1 tsp red wine vinegar, salt and pepper, spritz lime juice
- Avocado (duh)
- Salsa :)
- Season chicken with pinch of salt, garlic powder, oregano, 1/8 tsp chili powder and 1/8 tsp cumin. (Doesn't have to be exact, season to your liking!)
- Add beans and tomatoes to crockpot and season with remaining cumin and chili powder. Add chicken and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 6. (I used frozen chicken and it turned out great!)
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Drain beans and serve or transfer back to crockpot to keep warm.
- Assemble tacos by placing beans, chicken, scallions, and your choice of toppings!
- 1 head of cauliflower riced in a food processor or 2 cups riced and packed
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place riced cauliflower in a bowl and microwave for 2 minutes and stir. Microwave for 2 more minutes and place in a clean hand towel. Be careful, it will be very hot, but squeeeeze out that excess water like you mean it. Just when you think you've got it all, you can squeeze out more. This is an important step!
- Place drained cauliflower back in bowl and mix in eggs and salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture onto baking sheet in 6 even circles. Or 3 if you want them bigger! The mixture should be runny but not liquid.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for 5 more minutes
- Cool on a wire rack slightly.
- Brown tortillas in a skillet over medium heat (this last step gives them a delicious crispy texture so don't skip!)
- Enjoy a guilt free tortilla with mounds of taco filling :) you deserve it!!