Skinny French Fries
- 2 pounds parsnips peeled and trimmed into fries by about 1/4 inch wide
- 2 tablespoons corn starch(this makes them nice and crispy)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line two baking sheets with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Put peeled and cut parsnip fries into a large ziplock bag (or 2). Pour the cornstarch in the bag (or 1 tablespoon in each) and shake shake shake it! Make sure its completely coating the fries.
- Place the fries on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil for each tray. Mix to coat evenly. Make sure the fries are evenly distributed and aren't touching- this helps them crisp up.
- Bake on the first side for 20-25 minutes and flip over using tongs. Place back in the oven. Time will vary but keep a watch on them after 5 minutes or so as they burn easily in the last minutes of cooking.
- Enjoy with classic ketchup, guacamole, BBQ sauce, Siracha, greek yogurt, whatever your heart desires!