I love having eggs in the morning. Studies show that eating eggs within 30 minutes of waking up, curbs your hunger throughout the day since it has tons of hunger blasting protein. It also will provide a steady stream of energy to make it till lunch. You won’t have that mid-morning crash from that carb loaden sugary cereal, or granola bar. So how can I have my omelet and eat it too?? Make omelet muffins!
These guys are loaded with different veggies and bacon (!!) but feel free to add cheese and/or any of your favorite omelet ingredients. You can really get creative and make these your own!
- 2 ½ cup egg whites
- 3 eggs
- veggies of choice- I used asparagus, spinach, mushrooms, and broccoli
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- herbs of choice (basil, oregano, thyme, sage all tastes amazing)
- bacon or meat of choice or omit
- teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. You can also use muffin tins but make sure you spray the inside of the tins.
2. In a large skillet heat the olive oil on medium heat. Add the veggies and sauté until slightly browned. Add in the garlic and herbs and stir for 30 seconds until the smell of the garlic is prevalent. **you can also skip this step entirely and just place the veggies in the muffin pan directly. Remove from heat and fill each muffin tin ¼ full with the sautéed veggies.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together egg whites, eggs, and milk. Fill each muffin to the top with egg mixture, pouring over the veggies already in each tin.
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until risen and slightly golden on top.
5. Let cool for a few minutes, then remove from tin.