Grilled Garlic Dijon Herb Salmon and Best Asparagus Ever
4 garlic cloves
1 tsp dried Herbs de Provence (or any of your favorite dried herbs, sage or thyme would work!)
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
olive oil spray
4 salmon filets
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
4 lemon wedges for serving
1 pound fresh asparagus
Parmesean cheese, grated
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Break off tough ends of asparagus. Place asparagus on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Toss to coat evenly. Place asparagus in oven for 25 minutes until tender, but still crispy.
- For the salmon, in a small food processor, or using a mortar and pestle mash garlic cloves, dried herbs, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and dijon mustard until it becomes a spreadable paste. Set aside.
- Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper. Heat grill over high heat until hot. Spray grill with olive oil spray then turn down to medium-low heat. Place salmon on grill for 5 minutes. Be sure not to move it! Otherwise you will end up with most of your fish on the bottom of your grill :(.
- Turn and cook salmon for another 3-4 minutes and spoon half Dijon mixture on top of salmon.
- Turn and cook for an additional minute and spoon the rest of the mixture onto the salmon.
- Plate salmon and asparagus and serve with a lemon wedge if desired.