Spicy Lentils with Sweet Potato and Kale
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 large bunch of kale, torn into pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4-5 celey stalks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed and picked through
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 serrano pepper or a few good shakes of red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 cups of veggie stock (depending on how soupy you want it)
- Heat the oil in a medium sized pan. When shimmering add the onion, carrot, sweet potato and celery and cook for about 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and kale. Cook until kale has wilted.
- Add the lentils, pepper, rosemary sprig, bay leaf and stock. Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes until the lentils are soft and the liquid has absorbed to your liking.
- Season with salt to taste. Remove the rosemary twigs, bay leaf, and pepper before serving.
- Top with avocado, poached or fried egg to make this even heartier.